Sunday, March 11, 2012

JR Smith Fined $25k For Naked Twitter Post


Another day, another example of J.R. “Can’t Get Right” Smith getting in trouble…
Knicks guard JR Smith was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Saturday “for posting inappropriate pictures on his Twitter account,” according to the league:
Smith, the explosive yet controversial guard, said late Friday night that he regrets posting a photo of a semi-nude woman. He also had a feeling that he would be reprimanded by the league.
When asked if the NBA had spoken to him, Smith said on Friday: “No, not yet. I’m sure they will. I haven’t heard from anybody yet.”
Smith posted the picture of the model, Tahiry, on his Twitter page, @TheRealJRSmith, that showed her exposed from behind.
“I mean, I didn’t know it was going to be as big a deal as it is now,” Smith said. “I definitely regret it. I take away from our team. Anytime I do anything that takes away from our team I’m definitely going to regret it.”
Smith, who was signed three weeks ago, was unavailable for comment on Saturday.

No comments: